Benjamin W. Herila
Makes about 4 servings.
|1 lb||yukon gold potatoes|
|8 oz.||beef gravy (ideally homemade)|
|4 oz.||fresh & squeeky cheddar cheese curds|
- Cut the fries into 1/4 to 1/3-inch thick julienne. Soak in water for 20 minutes.
- In a heavy (such as cast iron) dutch oven or deep fryer, heat oil to 300 F.
To make the fries
- Completely dry the potatoes just before you add them to the hot oil.
- Cook potatoes 3-4 minutes (should be cooked on the inside with no color on the outside)
- Remove and put on backing rack above a baking sheet to cool.
- Bring oil temp up to 375 F.
- Put the fries back into the oil and cook until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on baking rack once again. Salt to taste.
Toss in beef gravy and top with the cheese curds. Serve immediately while the fries are still crisp.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.